The name for McDonald Road comes from Sir Andrew McDonald. He was Lord Provost of Edinburgh from 1894 to 1897. He is credited with being instrumental in the adoption of the cable tramway system in Edinburgh, along with lighting the city using electricity power, and also the widening of the North Bridge.
Copyright 2013 -17 www.edinburghtrams.info
All rights reserved.
All photographic images and text are Copyright Chris O'Brien. Moral right are asserted