Murrayfield area was named after Archibald Murray whom owned the Murrayfield Estate.
The stadium is home to the Scottish Rugby Union. The SRU bought some land and built the first Murrayfield Stadium, which was opened on 21 March 1925. Murrayfield Stadium stop is located close to the turnstiles on Roseburn Street. Access to the platform is by stairs and one lift. This is one of two locations served with a passenger lift (other is Edinburgh Gateway). As part of crowd-management measures, ticketing machines are situated at the bottom of the staircase and not at the platform level.
Since the trams commenced the name of the stadium has changed to BT Murrayfield Stadium for sponsorship reasons.
The two ticket machines are located at road level at the right and left side of the steps leading to the platform.
Please click on any image to view it at a larger scale. You will then be able to navigate forwards and backwards between photos or see them as a slide show.
Tram 261 advertising taking the tram to Murrayfield, arriving at Murrayfield Studium stop in April 2017.
Copyright 2013 -17 www.edinburghtrams.info
All rights reserved.
All photographic images and text are Copyright Chris O'Brien. Moral right are asserted